Transaction Detail Description and Sub Descriptions
Transaction Detail
2010-08-27 16:16:06 UTC

We were trying to figure out how to export transaction detail into excel
that includes descprition, sub-descriptions, vendor name etc. We were able to
see those descriptions in the Drill down viewer but when we export it to
excel, it doesn't come up with the descriptions that we laid down in the
column layout.

Please let us know if we need to change any settings or is it a limitation
in FRx.

Also, can it be done in Management reporter.

Thanks,

Aman
rivers1
2010-08-27 16:24:03 UTC
Aman,

What types of columns are these that contain the descriptive data? What
version of FRx are you using (it will look like 6.7.9111)?

I'll look into it more over the weekend if you can get me this info.

Thanks

Rob
--
Rob Iversen
MSX Group
Hi,
Aman
Transaction Detail
2010-08-27 18:33:03 UTC
The version of FRx that we have is 6.7.11027.

The details that we need are as follows:

If you go to the column layout in FRx and click on Type -> Transaction
Detail Codes. Under transaction detail codes it says that "These codes only
appear on the Transaction Detail Reports". This detailed information under
Transaction detail code is what we need in the exported excel file. Currently
if we export transaction detail report we dont get this detail but if we go
through FRx drill down viewer then we are able to look at this detailed
transaction details by clicking on a particular transaction in it. e.g. TREF
which gives you the reference code that you put in Dynamics while doing the
Journal entry.

Thanks for the help.

Aman

What we want is to show the detail under these codes in the exported excel
file through FRx.
Post by rivers1
Aman,
What types of columns are these that contain the descriptive data? What
version of FRx are you using (it will look like 6.7.9111)?
I'll look into it more over the weekend if you can get me this info.
Thanks
Rob
--
Rob Iversen
MSX Group
www.msxgroup.com
Hi,
Aman
rivers1
2010-08-28 01:57:03 UTC
OK. I am going to guess this is one of the many bugs introduced in SP10 and
SP11 (which you are on). I tried it on the last stable build (SP9) and it
seemed to work fine.

If you have the ability to revert one machine to an older version of FRx
(and make sure not to point this older install at your sysdata folder) then
you can try the same type of report on SP9.

If you would like any help just let me know at ***@MSXGroup.com.

Thanks

Rob
--
Rob Iversen
MSX Group
Post by rivers1
Aman,
What types of columns are these that contain the descriptive data? What
version of FRx are you using (it will look like 6.7.9111)?
I'll look into it more over the weekend if you can get me this info.
Thanks
Rob
--
Rob Iversen