Is it possible to pull multiple FY/Book in consecutive rows?
SK
2010-09-21 14:14:04 UTC
I'm wondering if I can I accomplish the following using FRX. Building a
tricky, complicated or multi-step framework is fine, but I'm also looking
for something which could be updated without reinventing the wheel each time.

Here's my goal:

Period 1 Period 2 Period 3 Period 4 etc.
FY1 Actuals across the row
FY1 Budget across the row
FY2 Actuals across the row
FY2 Budget across the row
rivers1
2010-09-21 15:38:03 UTC
SK,

Using Row Modifiers should do the trick. To apply row modifiers you can
type them in, but have to be very careful of the syntax. You can also select
them in the GL Link in the row. In the bottom left corner there is another
zoom box that says Row Modifiers.

On some rows (the current year rows) you will only need to use the Book Code
modifiers. On others you will need to use both a Period Code modifier and
the Book Code modifiers.

An example using a single natural account from the demo data is shown below.

Cash-Checking +1100, /B:ACTUAL
Cash-Checking +1100, /B:Budget_Original

Cash-Checking +1100, /-12 /B:ACTUAL
Cash-Checking +1100, /-12 /B:Budget_Original

The "/-12" is the Period Code modifier and will make this row go back 12
periods from whatever the Period Code of a given column is set to. This is
basically getting you 1 year prior data.

The "/B:ACTUAL" and "/B:Budget_Original" settings are the Book Code
modifiers. This will override the Book Code setting of the columns and apply
what you select on each row.

Try it out and let me know how it works. If you need any direct assistance
please feel free to contact me at ***@MSXGroup.com. You can also
visit our website http://MSXGroup.com for information about our services,
support options, training classes and FREE webinars on FRx, Forecaster,
Management Reporter and PerformancePoint Server.

Thanks

Rob
--
Rob Iversen
MSX Group
FY2 Budget across the row
SK
2010-09-21 17:43:03 UTC
Thanks for the Row Modifier suggestion. I hadn’t encountered this before,
and it worked!

I even added another line with “/C+12 /B:Budget_Original” format to pull in
the projection (budget) for the forthcoming 12 months!