FRx error 91
Alan
2007-08-30 17:54:03 UTC
I am encountering 'Error 91 Object Variable or With Block Variable Not Set'
from one thin client workstation when trying to run any report. This is the
only workstation, out of 5, that has the error. I have run the regsvr32.exe
against each of the .dll and .ocx files, but that has not corrected the
problem.

Any help would be appreciated!
Jeff Cutting [MSFT]
2007-09-05 04:20:00 UTC
Alan,

Which version of FRx are you using? You can get the full version from
Help|About FRx in Report Designer or DrillDown Viewer. Also, which output
type are you using for the reports?

If you are using 6.7.0.9111 and generating reports to Excel (I suspect you
are based on the description of your issue), there is a hotfix available that
resolves the error for network clients. Contact your FRx Support provider -
they should be able to provide you with the hotfix.

I hope that helps.

Jeff
--
Jeff Cutting
Microsoft FRx

Victoria [MVP]
2007-09-05 12:19:53 UTC
Jeff,

Is there a name or number for this hotfix? I am not finding any information
about it on Microsoft's PartnerSource. The only hotfix I see is for FRx 6.7
SP 2.

Thanks,
--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP
Jeff Cutting [MSFT]
2007-09-06 07:26:01 UTC
Victoria,

The hotfix name is R09670_HF_1.zip. According to the Dynamics folks, this
should be available on PartnerSource. The links were missing on
CustomerSource, but should be available there soon.

I hope this helps.

Thank you,
Jeff
--
Jeff Cutting
FRx Software

Victoria [MVP]
2007-09-06 12:22:10 UTC
Jeff,

Thanks for the additional information. While PartnerSource is notoriously
difficult to navigate, I used to think I was pretty good at finding what I
need on there. This one's got me stumped. I cannot find anything on this
hotfix except finding one reference to R09670 under 'bugs found' at the
following link:
https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/downloads/servicepack/frx67sp9.htm?printpage=false.
However it talks about FRx Forecaster and does not seem relevant to this
discussion.... Nothing at all on CustomerSource. If you have any other
information or links, please let us know.

Thanks!
--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP
Alan
2007-09-05 12:46:05 UTC
Jeff,

The FRx version is 6.7.7032 (SP7) and the error occurs when using the
default output of drilldown viewer(enhanced XML). Could this client not have
an up to date XML program?

Thanks,

Alan
Victoria [MVP]
2007-09-05 13:06:05 UTC
Alan, we just had a situation where we kept getting this error on a
workstation (with FRx 6.7 SP 9). Uninstalled, reinstalled a bunch of times,
nothing was working....went through a number of long back and forth e-mails
with Support.... Long story short the only thing that finally worked was
copying the whole FRx directory from another workstation that it was working
on, re-registering all the DLLs and THEN figuring out which DLLs were
missing and copying them from the other workstation.

For what it's worth, this was a computer that was known to have problems in
the past installing other applications. Installing FRx on new or recently
rebuilt computers has not been an issue typically.
--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP
Alan
2007-09-05 13:28:01 UTC
Thanks Victoria...that was the path I was sending the IT group down, but
wanted to see if support or another user maybe had this occurance before and
could give some guidance.

Thanks again,

Alan
Jeff Cutting [MSFT]
2007-09-06 07:42:00 UTC
Alan,

There are a number of things that this could indicate. Here are a few
things I would recommend right off the bat:

1) On the network client, browse to the FRx folder and run FRxReg67.cmd.
This file registers FRx DLLs, FRx .NET assemblies, updates file associations,
installs updated client components (if necessary), and more.

2) If you are still not able to generate the report, try re-installing MSXML
4.0 SP2. You can download it from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3144b72b-b4f2-46da-b4b6-c5d7485f2b42&DisplayLang=en.

3) If you are still not able to generate to DDV, try generating to a
different output type (Printer or ASCII). Do you receive the same error?

I hope this helps.

Jeff
--
Jeff Cutting
FRx Software

Joel Gress
2007-09-27 18:20:02 UTC
Jeff,

I do not find this hot fix on PartnerSource. In addition, Microsoft has
indicated in the past that they do not support hot fixes for FRx with
Dynamics SL.

Has this changed?

In the future providing links to the downloads would be very helpful.

Thanks..
Joel Gress
Dynamic Tech Services, Inc.
Victoria [MVP]
2007-09-27 20:09:45 UTC
I have also not been able to find this hotfix anywhere.
--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP
i***@gmail.com