Mid Month Reporting
Adam
2010-06-29 19:31:14 UTC
I am trying to produce my financial statements mid-month to allow myself to
have a head start on how my company is performing up to that point in the
month. As we are a little behind on our books sometimes, I usually want to
review data up to the 15th of the month, but I wont have a chance to review
the data until approx the 20th.

Is there a way to specify the exact date you want to review data for in FRx?
Or at least a way for me to review the data desired as per the situation
described?

Thanks

Adam
rivers1
2010-06-29 19:31:34 UTC
Adam,

Depending on the GL FRx is connecting to you may be able to use Start and
End dates to filter your reports down to the daily level. It is not super
user friendly but it is possible.

Open any column layout and in a GL column look at the fields towards the
bottom. Down there you will see two with names of Start Date and End Date.
In either cell you can enter a full date (1/15/2010) or a day within a month
(15 meaning the 15th day of a given month). The second option will probably
work better for you as you would then be able to reuse the column layout. If
it is always the 15th you wish your report to process through, then this
example would be all you need. If the day within the month changes all the
time, these values in the column layout(s) would need to be updated properly
before generating the mid-month reports.

I'd be happy to help out if you have more questions. You can email me at
***@MSXGroup.com and check out our website http://MSXGroup.com to
learn about our FREE webinars!

Thanks

Rob
--
Rob Iversen
MSX Group
Adam
Adam
2010-06-30 21:13:33 UTC
Hi Rob

Thanks for the help. I am pretty comfortable in FRx.

I tried inputting both a value (15) and a date (5/15/2010) in the End Date
field in the Column Layout. Both report print the same information as if I
had entered nothing at all. Is there a setting I am missing? Or am I using
this functionality incorrectly?

Adam
Adam
rivers1
2010-07-01 00:01:12 UTC
You are probably not doing it wrong. What GL interface are you using FRx
with? That determines this type of functionality.

Thanks
--
Rob Iversen
MSX Group
Adam
Adam

Adam
rivers1
2010-07-02 12:11:04 UTC
In FRx Designer, goto the Company menu and select Information. Make sure you
are looking at one of your own companies (not the Demo ones) and you will see
just below the name of the company a drop down box for your Accounting
System.

For some of the interfaces FRx designed to some of the GL systems it works
with, the Start and End data functionality works. For other interfaces it
does not. If you can tell me the GL you use I should be able to tell you if
the date functionality should work or not.

Thanks
--
Rob Iversen
MSX Group
Adam
Adam

Adam
Adam
Adam
Jim Hummer
2010-08-16 21:34:56 UTC
Post by rivers1
[...]
Adam- Hide quoted text -
Hey Adam

We have done this for customers with BI 360.

http://www.solverusa.com/products/bi360

Jim