Summary Consolidated Reports (using row links) not working correct
YSM
2010-09-03 16:23:03 UTC
Our summary consolidated reports are not working correctly. The reporting
tree is as follows:

Consolidated_Summary
--Sales_Summary
----Sales_Detail
--Operating_Summary
----Operating Detail

The Consolidated_Summary report is not picking up the conditional
calculations (eg IF @unit(consolidated) THEN xxxx) in the Row Formats.

If we try insert the "Consolidated_Detail" Row Format anywhere in the above
it does not work correctly either.

The following tree works to get "Consolidated_Detail"

Consolidated_Detail
--Sales_Detail
--Operating Detail

How do we structure a report (tree?) to get correct "Consolidated_Summary"
along with the divisional Summaries?

Thanks!
rivers1
2010-09-03 19:08:03 UTC
Hello,

In general I find row linking to be more work that it is worth. Usually I
create separate reports that result in the same or better information.

There could be many design or even product issues contributing to your
problems. And given these types of reports are pretty complex I would neee
more info to troubleshoot.

If you wish, you can send me the tdb of this report via email (at
***@MSXGroup.com) and I will try to see what may be wrong.

Thanks

Rob
--
Rob Iversen
MSX Group
Thanks!
marie claude pastor
2010-09-15 11:25:57 UTC
Post by YSM
Our summary consolidated reports are not working correctly. The reporting
Consolidated_Summary
--Sales_Summary
----Sales_Detail
--Operating_Summary
----Operating Detail
The Consolidated_Summary report is not picking up the conditional
If we try insert the "Consolidated_Detail" Row Format anywhere in the above
it does not work correctly either.
The following tree works to get "Consolidated_Detail"
Consolidated_Detail
--Sales_Detail
--Operating Detail
How do we structure a report (tree?) to get correct "Consolidated_Summary"
along with the divisional Summaries?
Thanks!
je ne comprend que le francais