GL Account used across periods for different purpose
JS
2010-09-24 18:56:06 UTC
My company uses this account for different purposes from last year to this
year. How do I modify the report that includes this account in the prior
year column with subtotals and totals in one row, and then current year
column with subtotals and totals in another row. This is a balance sheet
account and I am trying to create a balance sheet report. Thank you.
Penny
2010-09-24 19:34:03 UTC
I would check into using a row modifier / account modifier. You can tell one
row to use prior year and the other to use current. The only problem is that
when you use an account modifier it will override the time frame for all the
columns for that row.

If you need direct assistance please contact me at ***@MSXGroup.com.
For information about our services, support options, training classes and
FREE webinars on FRx, Forecaster, Management Reporter and PerformancePoint
Server, you can visit our website www.MSXGroup.com
--
Penny Watts
MSX Group

**This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.**
rivers1
2010-09-24 19:42:03 UTC
JS,

I'm not quite certain what you want to do. Are you trying to use the
account in one part of the row format for one year, and a different part of
the rows for another year?

If so I think you will probably need to create multiple row formats with the
account in the correct spot depending on what year the report is run.

Say you have an account that was a Current Asset in 2009, and from now on it
will be a Long Term Asset. You would probably need three row formats, one
for all periods up till the last one of 2009. One for 2010, that includes
the account in the Current Assets section for the Prior Year columns, and the
Long Term Assets section for the Current Year columns (this will be the
trickiest, requiring some moderately complex formulas to get the data in the
right rows and columns). And one for 2011 and future where the account only
shows up in Long Term Assets.

Then by using Effective Dates in the Catalog you can control which row
format is used for what Report Dates. When the Report Date is changed, the
row format will automatically adjust to the correct one based on that date.

If you need any assistance I would be more than happy to offer my services.
You can contact me directly at ***@MSXGroup.com. Also visit our
website http://MSXGroup.com for more information on our consulting, support,
training classes and FREE webinars on FRx, Forecaster, Management Reporter
and PerformancePoint Server.

Thanks

Rob
--