Application FRx System: Thread ID: 4896
Jan Jan
2010-09-18 03:46:03 UTC
FRx 6.7 SP9 on Window Server 2008 installed and was working fine until today
receiving error 0. Need help to get this fix please.

The log in Application Event Viewer displaying the following message:

The VB Application identified by the event source logged this Application
FRx System: Thread ID: 4896 ,Logged:

Number: 429

Desc. : ActiveX component can't create object

Source: FRxSystem
Drill32.ViewerMain.Main
rivers1
2010-09-18 13:12:06 UTC
Jan,

As you know, softward doesn't change by itself. What has happened in the
environment where FRx is installed since yesterday?

I know FRx is not supported on W2k8 until SP11. You may want to try
applying that and see if it resolves the issue.

If you need some direct assistance please feel free to contact me directly
at ***@MSXGroup.com. You can also sign up for our newsletter with
information about FRx, Forecaster, Management Reporter and PerformancePoint
Server at http://msxgroup.com/enewsletter.

Thanks

Rob
--
Rob Iversen
MSX Group
Drill32.ViewerMain.Main
Jan Jan
2010-09-18 13:25:03 UTC
Rob,

I had the program installed on that server for over 2 years and had been
working fine. The only change we had just the day before this issue, was
running window updates and patch to fix printers problem. Could that cause
FRx error?

On Monday, I will apply SP11 and will let you know if that'd fix this.

Thank you.
Drill32.ViewerMain.Main
rivers1
2010-09-18 18:28:03 UTC
Jan,

Yes, windows updates can affect all kinds of different things. If SP11 does
not fix your issue let me know and I can get someone to help dial in to your
system and troubleshoot.

Thanks
--
Rob Iversen
MSX Group
Drill32.ViewerMain.Main
Jan Jan
Drill32.ViewerMain.Main
rivers1
2010-09-18 13:14:03 UTC
Jan,

As you know software doesn't change by itself. What has changed in the
environment where FRx is installed? It sounds like a Windows Update may have
broken something.

In addition, FRx is not supported on W2k8 until SP11. You may want to try
applying that to see if it fixes the problem.

If you require any direct assistance you can contact me at
***@MSXGroup.com. You should also sign up for our newsletter with