Drill Down Viewer icon inactive
markwcms
2009-05-06 23:49:01 UTC
When I enter the Report Designer V6.7.8 and select a report to be printed,
the Drill Down Viewer icon at the top of the page is greyed out and can't be
selected. This just started happening a week or so ago. I can access the
Drill Down viewer from the FRx program group but not from within the Report
Designer. Any thoughts?
Thanks!
Mark
Jeff Cutting [MSFT]
2009-05-07 07:57:01 UTC
Mark,

The drill button in Designer is only enabled if the current report's output
file exists (and the output type is DDV). In other words, if you were to
open a report that had never been generated, the button would be disabled.
Once you generate the report to the DrillDown Viewer, the button will be
enabled so you can open that report again without re-generating it. We set
the button's state based on whether the .FRD file (specified on the Output
tab) exists.

I hope this helps.

Jeff
--
Jeff Cutting [MSFT]
Software Development Engineer

Mark
markwcms
2009-05-07 20:34:01 UTC
Jeff,
Thanks for the info. I think that was probably the problem. The icon has
reappeared today after we produced the first .FRD file for that particular
report.
Mark
Mark
debs